Policy & Advocacy
The mission of the LMSA Policy Committee is to train the next generation of Latino healthcare advocates through health policy training, mentorship, networking community/media engagement, peer and allied organizational collaborations that benefits the Latino patient community.
We aim to achieve this mission using the following objectives:
- Create a streamlined grassroots policy development process for LMSA members
- Increase LMSA general membership participation in policy development through training and mentorship
- Drive organizational grassroots movements and peer-reviewed publications on policy passed
- Develop collaborative projects with external policy organizations with similar goals
- Develop regional and national leadership structure that supports the mission and objectives of the policy committee
The Policy Committee abides by the following guidelines with respect to developing advocacy-related programming, reviewing organizational resolutions, and carrying out the annual LMSA Policy Summit. For more information on LMSA’s ongoing policy initiatives, please contact our LMSA National Policy Chair, Maria Santos, at email@example.com.
Save the Date
Resolutions will be reviewed and voted on by our House of Delegates at LMSA Policy Summit 2021, held virtually on October 1-3. All members are welcome to attend and learn about LMSA’s role in influencing US policy and how YOU can make an impact. More info soon!