LMSA National Policy Summit 2021
The Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) Policy Committee is proud to announce the upcoming LMSA National Policy Summit: Growing Our Roots Adelante!
In light of LMSA’s 50th anniversary, the 2021 LMSA National Policy Summit would like to uplift historical Hispanic & Latina/o/x advocacy organizations from the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960-1970s. The Policy Summit provides a venue for medical student leaders throughout the United States to share in the practical and scholastic lessons of health policy. The Policy Summit structure centers upon interactive policy workshops detailing the most pressing and current disparities in Hispanic & Latina/o/x health care. With a focus on policy solutions, we seek to educate medical students on the history behind Latina/o/x health disparities, strategies for policy success, and career paths to lead Hispanic & Latina/o/x health initiatives. The summit will also be an opportunity for networking and mentoring within the Hispanic & Latina/o/x medical community with those navigating clinical, legislative, and administrative duties to direct Hispanic & Latina/o/x health care delivery.
Make sure to register today! Early bird registration ends August 22, 2021. Regular registration extends from August 23, 2021 to September 19, 2021. Late registration applies from September 20 to September 29, 2021.
The Policy Summit will take place virtually through the LMSA Hub, our organization’s dedicated mobile and web application for conferences and events.
If you are interested in participating in virtual legislative visits, please register separately for that event using the button below.
LMSA Policy Resolutions
Each year, LMSA members have the opportunity to propose resolutions to be considered by LMSA National leadership. A resolution is a formal declaration of policy by an organization which dictates how that organization should govern, particularly around a specific issue. At past Policy Summits, LMSA has adopted a number of resolutions shaping how the organization tackles issues such as:
- Supporting undocumented medical trainees;
- Addressing health literacy in our communities, particularly around COVID-19;
- Establishing partnerships to bolster the number of Hispanic & Latina/o/x physicians in various medical specialties;
- And more!
This is a wonderful opportunity to make your voice heard! To submit a resolution, please follow these instructions:
- Touch base with the LMSA National Policy Co-Chairs or their regional counterparts! Any questions can be directed to them.
- Draft your proposed resolution, making sure to explain the issue(s) you want to highlight, and any previous work, research, or policies that have shaped the issue(s).
- Make sure your resolution is formatted correctly! (See our Resolution Template and checklist.)
- Send your resolution document to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc your regional Policy Chair.
- Complete this application form no later than August 15, 2021.
- Make sure to register for the Policy Summit! While you do not need to attend the entire weekend, your voice as a resolution author will be critical for the LMSA National Board of Directors to fully evaluate the resolution(s) you propose.
Sponsor & Exhibitor Registration
Dear Prospective Sponsors & Exhibitors,
On behalf of the Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA), we are honored to invite you to participate in the Virtual LMSA Policy Summit on October 1-3, 2021. The LMSA is the largest student-focused 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to diversifying the health professional workforce at all levels and improving health outcomes for Hispanic & Latina/o/x populations in the United States. The LMSA Policy Summit will provide a virtual venue for medical student leaders across the United States to convene and share practical and scholastic lessons in health policy. This is timely as the COVID-19 pandemic has amplified many of the inequities that exist within our country that disproportionately affect the Hispanic & Latina/o/x community. In addition to discussing major issues relevant to our communities, such as immigration, nutrition, and academic development, the conference will emphasize the need for Hispanic & Latina/o/x physicians in positions of leadership in all branches of medicine.
As we pursue these goals, LMSA welcomes your new or renewed partnership and support. This year’s Prospectus provides more information on the mission and vision of LMSA, the purpose of our upcoming Virtual Policy Summit, and the many ways that you and your organization can become involved. This year our conference will be held virtually, which serves as an excellent opportunity for your organization to engage and recruit a large diverse group of culturally and linguistically competent student leaders. We thank you for your help and support in making the LMSA Policy Summit a success for all those invested in bettering health care for underserved communities across the country. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our External Policy Chair at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you to inspire the next generation of physicians.
To register for this year’s Policy Summit, please use the interface below. Tickets are still available! Please make sure to scroll to see all available ticket types.
MEMBERS – To take advantage of members-only pricing, please follow these instructions:
- Select “Enter promo code” below;
- Enter the email address associated with your membership as the promo code;
- Click “Apply” to show tickets specific for LMSA members;
- Choose your desired ticket and complete the registration form!
Not a member yet? Want to take advantage of discounted registration and other member benefits? Click here to join!
For any questions or issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.