We hope you are excited as we are for the 16th Annual LMSA National Conference this weekend! We have a few more updates for you ahead of Friday.
Reminder about Workshop Sign-Ups: Due Wednesday, March 10th at 11:59pm PST
- Due to Zoom limitations, we are only able to accommodate a limited number of people per workshop. Please sign up using this form to save your spot in your favorite sessions!
- Workshops will disappear from the form as workshops are full. You will be able to attend whatever you sign up for. Please sign up for sessions you are intending to go to.
A note about the Event Game and Exhibitor Raffle
- This is only available through the LMSA Hub mobile app so make sure to download it if you want to participate!
- Download the LMSA Hub app here: https://download.socio.events/event/NzYwNw.
- To find the NC2021 event, go to search Events, then find “Have a code?” at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter passcode: LMSA2021
Dress Code and Virtual Backgrounds
- Yes, this may be a virtual conference, but let’s have some fun and get out of our pajamas for the weekend!
- Don’t miss these virtual backgrounds you can apply for the Conference and the Gala.
- Recommend attire for the weekend is as follows:
- Friday Night Mixer: Casual! Wear your conference swag if you receive it before the event.
- Saturday and Sunday During the Day: Business casual.
- Gala: Dress-up and have fun with it! Post on social media and tag us @LMSANational and @LMSAWest with your best evening wear. The schedule for the Gala can be found here. This will also be available on the LMSA Hub web and mobile app!
- To our graduating medical students: Please don’t forget your stoles!
LMSA National Elections
- Thank you to everyone who has submitted an application! For those still on the fence, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to submit an application.
- LMSA National Elections will take place on Sunday, March 14th at 3pm Pacific Time, after the conclusion of the conference. All LMSA members are welcome to attend.
- Only elected positions will be discussed during this meeting. These include the positions of National President, VP of External Affairs, VP of Internal Affairs, Chief Development Officer(s), Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Information Officer. (See our Leadership Packet for more information on positions.)
- Individuals interested in these positions may declare their candidacy during Sunday’s meeting if they have not already submitted an application. This is commonly referred to as “running from the floor.”
- Each candidate will address the group in attendance (2 min) and answer questions (2 min).
- After regional and group discussion, the Regional Co-Directors vote to elect an officer for each role.
- By making your thoughts known to your Regional Co-Director, your voice is critical in determining next year’s LMSA leaders. Please participate, even if you’re not running for a position!