LMSA National is proud to host its 16th Annual National Conference in conjunction with the 37th Annual LMSA West Regional Conference on March 12-14, 2021. In light of the COVID-19 crisis, this conference will be held virtually.
For more details on NC2021, and to register, please see below!
Exhibitors and Sponsors (NOW CLOSED)
Attendees (NOW CLOSED)
Attendee Group Registration (CLOSED)
Theme: Potenciar El Cambio: Creating Interconnection in Healthcare to Create Change
Date: March 12-14, 2021
Virtual, through our LMSA Hub mobile application and its accompanying browser view.
Download the mobile app for IPhone or Android today!
Note: To access the conference through the LMSA Hub app, you must have provided your email address at the time of registration. For issues, please contact email@example.com.
- Oregon Health & Sciences University
- Oregon Health and Sciences University: Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Oregon Health and Sciences University: Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program
- Oregon Health and Sciences University: Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- Oregon Health and Sciences University: Hillsboro Family Medicine Residency Program
- Oregon Health and Sciences University: Pediatric Residency Program
- Oregon Health and Sciences University: Psychiatry Residency Program
- University of California, Irvine Health
- University of California, Irvine (Medical School)
- University of California, Irvine Department of Anesthesiology
- University of California, Irvine Emergency Medicine Residency
- University of California, Irvine Family Medicine
- University of California, Irvine General Surgery Residency Program
- American Association of Latino Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Kaiser Permanente Undergraduate & Graduate Medical Education – Northern California
- Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- UChicago Medicine
- AltaMed Family Medicine Residency Program
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Boston Medical Center
- Duke Section of Surgical Specialties
- JPS Health Network – Graduate Medical Education
- Kaweah Delta Health Care District
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Penn/CHOP Alliance of Minority Physicians
- Permanente Medicine – Southern California
- PRIME-LA at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Scripps Family Medicine Residency Program
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of Illinois College of Medicine – Chicago / UI Health
- Association of American Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM)
- American Psychiatric Association Foundation
- American Society of Nephrology
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Des Moines University
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- John Muir Health Family Medicine Residency Program
- Johns Hopkins Graduate Medical Education Programs
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Department of Radiology & Imaging Sciences
- University of Arizona – College of Medicine, Tucson
- Adventist Health White Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Contra Costa Family Medicine Residency Program
- Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine
- NYP Columbia – Weill Cornell Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- Reproductive Health Education in Family Medicine
- WCM-NYP Internal Medicine Residency Program
- WCM-NYP Pediatrics Residency Program
- WCM-NYP Internal Radiology Program
- UCLA GME and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Urology Unbound
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American University of the Caribbean (AUC) and Ross University (RUSM)
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine
- California University of Science and Medicine
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Pediatric Residency Program
- Colorado Family Medicine Residencies
- Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Community Memorial Health System
- Drexel University College of Medicine
- Harvard Medical School
- Idaho State Family Medicine Residency Program
- Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine
- Kaiser Permanente Washington Family Medicine Residency
- Keck Graduate Institute
- LAC+USC Medical Center – Emergency Medicine
- Lawrence Family Medicine Residency Program
- Lecturio Medical
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Loyola University Internal Medicine Residency
- LifeLong Medical Care Family Medicine Residency Program
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring Program
- National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME)
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA)
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Oakland University William Beaumont SOM
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program
- Pre-Professional Health Academic Program
- Rabb Venable Ophthalmology Research Program
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Samuel Merritt University/California School of Podiatric Medicine
- Sea Mar Marysville Family Medicine Residency
- Stanford Graduate Medical Education and Office of Diversity
- Stanford MD and Medical Scientist Training Program Admissions
- Sutter Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency
- The Princeton Review
- The University of Texas Dell Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
- Tufts University Family Medicine Residency-Cambridge Health Alliance
- UC Davis Health Prep Medico
- UC Davis School of Medicine
- UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium
- UC- San Diego Internal Medicine Residency Program
- UC-San Francisco School of Medicine
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital of Oakland
- Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara SOM
- University of Arizona- College of Medicine, Phoenix
- University of California San Diego School of Medicine
- University of California San Francisco GME
- University of Colorado, School of Medicine
- University of Iowa – Carver College of Medicine
- University of Missouri Family Medicine Residency Program
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program
- University of Wisconsin Madison School of Medicine and Public Health
- UNLV School of Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Vituity Scribing
- Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Washington University School of Medicine, Office of Diversity Programs
- Western University of Health Sciences
Agenda & Speaker Lineup
Plenary Session Speakers
Saturday, March 13, 2021
Jann Murray Garcia, MD, MPH
Dr. Jann Murray-García is a founding faculty member and associate clinical professor at the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis, where she teaches on leadership in community organizations and even facilitates an Inter-professional Book Club on social justice.
We are honored to have Dr. Murray-García speak about Cultural Humility at the LMSA National Conference this March.
Pilar Ortega, MD
Dr. Pilar Ortega is a board-certified Emergency Physician and Assistant Clinical Professor with dual appointments at the University of Illinois Chicago Departments of Emergency Medicine and Medical Education. As the author of Spanish and the Medical Interview, Dr. Ortega is a nationally recognized expert and leader in Medical Spanish education. Lastly, as co-founder of the Chicago Medical Organization for Latino Advancement (MOLA), she supports Midwestern healthcare professions at all stages of their career.
We eagerly await Dr. Ortega’s talk on the importance of Language Concordance in Medicine at the LMSA National Conference this March.
Elena Rios, MD, MSPH, FACP
Dr. Rios serves as President & CEO of the National Hispanic Medical Association, (NHMA), representing the interests of over 50,000 Hispanic physicians in the United States. A nationally recognized leader and advocate for the Hispanic community, Dr. Rios has been honored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; the Congressional Black, Hispanic, Asian and Native American Caucuses, the American Public Health Association Latino Caucus, the Association of Hispanic Health Executives, among many other accolades.
We are delighted to welcome Dr. Rios for a timely discussion on Equitable Vaccine Distribution and Policy at the LMSA National Conference this March.
Sunday, March 14, 2021
Larissa Avilés-Santa, M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Larissa Avilés-Santa is the director of Clinical and Health Services Research at NIMHD. In her current role, she works with the CHSR team on fostering research aimed at improving health outcomes of health disparities populations. This may be accomplished through research designed to understand most effective preventive and clinical care practices within healthcare settings, while also informing population health, health policy and public policy experts.
We excitedly look forward to Dr. Larissa Avilés-Santa’s session on Ethical Responsibility in Health Disparities Research at NC2021.
Sunny Nakae, PhD, MSW
Dr. Nakae is Senior Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Partnership at California University of Science & Medicine (CUSM). Throughout her career, she has collaborated with campus constituencies and community partners to build capacity for justice in medicine and society through teaching, mentorship, and innovation. In her numerous roles, including as a member of the LMSA National Faculty/Physician Advisory Council, Dr. Nakae has mentored countless students in their pursuits to make healthcare more equitable for all.
We are thrilled to hear Dr. Nakae discuss turning community service and outreach initiatives into scholarly work at NC2021.
David Hayes-Bautista, PhD, MA
Dr. Hayes-Bautista is currently professor of public health and of medicine, and director of the Center for the Study of Latino Health and Culture at the School of Medicine, UCLA. Under his direction, the Center combines research on the ever-changing health of the Latino population with teaching of medical students, residents and practicing providers in order to manage the care of a Latino patient base effectively, efficiently and economically.
We highly recommend joining us for Dr. Hayes-Bautista’s NC2021 closing address discussing “What is Allyship? Creating interconnection in healthcare to create change.”
LMSA is pleased to offer five tracks for our workshops this year:
- Issues in Hispanic/Latinx Health
- Communicating as Healthcare Professionals
- The Medical Trainee Experience
- Pre-Health Student Advancement
- The Practice of Medicine
Workshop titles, topics, and speakers can be found here.
NC2021 Virtual Research Symposium
LMSA is pleased to announce our call for abstract submissions for the 2021 LMSA National and West Regional Conference Research Symposium, scheduled for March 13, 2021 (virtually).
The deadline for abstract submissions has passed. Selected presenters will be notified by February 6, 2021.
Our symposium offers the opportunity to highlight trainee research that aims to promote health by addressing the differences in the presence of disease, health outcomes and quality of and/or access to health care across all population groups (e.g. race/ethnicity, social class, gender, health status, language spoken).
We welcome submissions from all disciplines and trainee levels, including high school students, premedical students, graduate students, and health professions students. We will ask selected presenters to record their presentations ahead of time and join us live for Q&A during NC2021. For more information on abstract, poster, and presentation requirements, please click here. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner, Sponsor & Exhibitor Registration
This year, we are asking all exhibitors for NC2021 to register through our Typeform form here. This form is capable of collecting payment and all content required to build an excellent exhibitor profile for your organization. Please note that, because the form asks for your exhibitor content, it may take up to 30 minutes to complete.
To minimize time spent on the registration form itself, we have provided a list of steps below:
- Browse our NC2021 Partner, Sponsor & Exhibitor Prospectus to determine the sponsorship tier and product(s) your organization would like to obtain. There are a number of wonderful opportunities available for your organization to reach out to LMSA conference attendees!
- Determine how many organizational or institutional representatives you would like to register for the conference. This year, due to the virtual nature of the event, there is no limit on the number of representatives that can attend from one organization. Once determined, please insert each representative’s name, title, and email address into this spreadsheet.
- Create a description of your organization and the content you would like to highlight on your Exhibitor Profile. This template provides an example of content that exhibitors have featured in the past. Please type your own content into the template document. Feel free to includes images, web links, and more to make your profile as engaging as possible!
- Generate high-quality media files for your organization’s logo and additional products (scrolling banner, video advertisement, etc.) as applicable.
- Scrolling banners should be image files (PNG or JPG), 950 pixels wide and 380 pixels tall.
- Video advertisements should be MP4 or MOV files that are less than 2 minutes long. These should be uploaded to a cloud storage service such as Google Drive or Box. Please provide a shareable link for that file to LMSA.
- Will all of this information in hand, please complete the registration form.
- The form will ask you to upload the documents specified above.
- Note: if you are an institution with multiple training programs, you may add additional exhibitor profiles to your registration. When uploading documents, please indicate which content corresponds to which profile.
- For payment, you may use one of the following payment methods: credit/debit card, check/money order, or electronic transfer. Select the appropriate option at the end of the registration form. LMSA will provide an invoice to complete transactions for check or electronic transfer payment. Payment must be remitted by March 1, 2021 in order to have a confirmed spot in the NC2021 Virtual Exhibit Hall.
For any questions or issues with this process, please reach out to email@example.com.
Student Members: Please use your email address as a promo code prior to beginning the checkout process. This will give you access to members-only discounts on conference registration fees.