In 2003, five regional Latino medical student organizations incorporated under one unified name as a national non-profit medical student organization called the National Network of Latin American Medical Students, NNLAMS. In 2006, NNLAMS held its first Annual National Conference in partnership with the National Hispanic Medical Association. Since that time, the NNLAMS Executive Board of Directors and its leadership systematically prepared the organization to launch its own independent Annual National Conference. In 2009, the NNLAMS Executive Board of Directors unanimously voted in favor of an independent National Conference for March 4-7, 2010 held at the University of Illinois at Chicago. This was the first year that all five regions were unified under one common name, the Latino Medical Student Association (formerly NNLAMS).
- 1st Annual National Conference – March 2006 – Washington, DC
- 2nd Annual National Conference – March 2007 – San Antonio, TX
- 3rd Annual National Conference – March 2008 – Washington, DC
- 4th Annual National Conference - March 2009 – Brooklyn, NY “Tomorrow’s Doctors: leading advocacy and activism in medicine“
- 5th Annual National Conference – March 2010 – Chicago, IL “A United Voice”
- 6th Annual National Conference – April 2011 – Irvine, CA “Uniting our Voices for Justice in Healthcare“
- 7th Annual National Conference – February 2012 – Boston, MA “Nuestro Futuro, En Nuestras Manos: Empowering the Next Generation“
- 8th Annual National Conference – March 2013 – Miami, FL “Tomando Accíon (Taking Action): Ensuring Health Equity for All“
- 9th Annual National Conference – April 2014- Houston, TX “Creciendo Juntos: Improving Health Care for and by Latinos.”
- 10th Annual National Conference – April 2015- Cleveland, OH “Llegamos, seguimos: Celebrating a decade of progress."
- 11th Annual National Conference and the 32nd Annual West Regional Conference – April 2016 - Pomona, CA "Prevenir es Curar: Addressing New Obstacles & Improving Healthcare in our Communities"
- 12th Annual National Conference and the 44th Annual Northeast Regional Conference – April 2017 - Hempstead, NY "¡Aquí Estamos! Our Journey and the Climb to Greater Heights"
- 13th Annual National Conference and the 10th Southeast Regional Conference - April 2018 - Miami, FL "Siempre Unidos: Celebrating Diversity and Bridging the Gap"