Our Mission: The Latino Medical Student Association exists to unite and empower current and future physicians through service, mentorship, and education to advocate for the improved health of the Hispanic & Latina/o/x community in the United States.
Our Vision: We envision a world in which improved health outcomes for all patients arise as a result of the following:
- Increased representation and support of healthcare professionals from backgrounds underrepresented among the medical workforce;
- Increased awareness of critical issues affecting the health of the Hispanic, Latina/o/x, and other marginalized communities; and
- Increased efforts to reduce disparities in the ways patients of color experience the American healthcare system.
Part of our objectives include:
- To unify all Latino medical students into one organization
- To provide a voice for underrepresented medical students
- To actively promote recruitment and retention of Latino students at all levels
- To educate medical students on Latino health issues
- To advocate for the rights of Latinos in health care
- To provide leadership opportunities for Latinos
- To promote volunteerism in the Latino community
Our Core Values: