Interested in applying for the 2022-23 LMSA National Leadership Team? Check out the resources below.
The leadership packet is found towards the bottom of the page!
LMSA depends on the efforts of volunteer student and faculty leaders to carry out its mission. At the national level, those leaders are organized in a number of ways, as shown on the chart below:
- Board of Directors (BOD; dark blue): The BOD consists of SIXTEEN (16) individuals working together to ensure that the organization acts for the benefit of its members across all five LMSA regions. (These include 2 Co-Directors from each of LMSA’s five regions.) The BOD meets monthly to evaluate and vote on major LMSA initiatives. The BOD also meets quarterly with all national officers to discuss ways to grow the organization and serve its members better.
- Executive Committee (EC; purple): The EC is composed of officers who supervise and carry out the day-to-day work of the organization, all while advancing the mission, vision, and strategic plans of the organization. These members also sit on the BOD, but meet more frequently with the officers who directly report to them.
- National Ocer Corps (NOC; faded blue): All Committee Chairs and other appointed ocers are part of the NOC and report to the Vice President of their specic team. In 2022-23, the NOC will consist of EIGHTEEN (18) key officer positions, as listed under “Appointed Positions” below.
- Faculty/Physician Advisory Council (FPAC; bright blue): Led by the Executive Director, FPAC oversees and supports all LMSA faculty, physician, staff, and professional advisors at the chapter, regional, and national levels. Advisors exist to guide student leadership and promote the career development of their colleagues across the country.
For individuals interested in joining the LMSA National leadership team, the following positions become available each year:
- National President^*
- Vice President of Communications*
- Vice President of Operations*
- Vice President of Programming*
*These individuals serve on both the BOD and EC, alongside the Executive Director and Immediate Past President (IPP).
^To be eligible for the National President position, individuals must have served previously as a member of the LMSA National Leadership Team (BOD, EC, or NOC). This eligibility requirement is not satisfied by serving solely as a Vice-Chair or Project Coordinator unless otherwise determined on a case-by-case basis by the BOD. Additionally, the National President is expected to serve as Immediate Past President (IPP) for the period immediately following his/her/their term as National President.
- Academic Affairs Chair
- Chief Development Officer (CDO)
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Diversity Chair
- Fundraising Chair
- Graphic Design Chair
- Health Advocacy Chair
- Mentorship Chair
- National Conference Chair
- Partnerships Chair
- Programs & Events Liaison
- Public Relations Chair
- Publications Chair
- Research & Analytics Chair
- Scholarships Chair
- Service Chair
Join the LMSA National Leadership Team!
LMSA is run almost entirely by medical students, who give of their time and talents to serve their peers across the country. We need you to keep up the good fight!
To apply for an elected or appointed position on the LMSA National leadership team, please refer to our annual elections packet. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email LMSA National at email@example.com. The Elections Committee may also be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.