See the following information provided by the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville.
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion in medicine and medical education. We created this scholarship to encourage and promote fourth-year medical students from underrepresented backgrounds to rotate at the UF Health Emergency Department in Jacksonville, Florida.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Please submit the following via email to Dr. Alexandra Mannix (Alexandra.Mannix@jax.ufl.edu)
What do I need to apply?
- Letter of Intent explaining “Why do I want to train in Emergency Medicine?” and “Why do I qualify for this scholarship?” (1 page maximum)
- Resume or CV
- Letter of Support from Medical School faculty member
- Step 1 Score
- Unofficial transcript
Who can apply?
- Currently enrolled full-time 3rd year medical students applying to 4th year electives in Emergency Medicine
- Good academic standing at a U.S. accredited medical school
- Individuals belonging to a group considered underrepresented in medicine (Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian, and LGBTQ+)
- U.S. Citizens or permanent residents
HOW ARE THE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS SELECTED?
The scholarship winners will be selected by a committee of Emergency Medicine faculty and residents based on submission of a completed application packet including letter of intent, CV, and letter of recommendation by the stated due date.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
2021-2022 Application Cycle: March 31, 2021
All students are also required to apply for a rotational experience through VSAS (opens April 15th)!
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The two medical students selected will receive dormitory housing and a meal stipend during their 4 week rotation.
For information regarding applying or for questions, please email Dr. Alexandra Mannix (Assistant Clerkship Director) Alexandra.Mannix@jax.ufl.edu